students and educators > FAQsThis section contains 53 listings in 13 categories
- − FAQ
General - Listing 3 of 3
Food Handling/Preparation - Listing 8 of 11 - show all
- Is it safe to leave perishable food out overnight on the counter?
- Can I eat eggs that have a blood spot?
- Is it safe to consume potatoes that have turned green?
- How do I thaw my turkey safely?
- Is it safe to refreeze raw meat?
- Can a thawed food be used as an ingredient in another dish that is cooked and then frozen?
- Can I eat raw eggs?
- Is it safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women to consume soft cheeses?
Food Storage - Listing 7 of 7
- Is it safe to eat food from dented cans?
- What is the storage life of canned goods?
- My freezer is full and there has been a power outage / blackout. Is the food safe to keep?
- Can cheese/cheese slices be frozen?
- How long can I store cooked vegetables in the refrigerator?
- My infant is starting to drink homogenized (cowâ€™s) milk. How long can I safely leave the bottle out of the fridge? Can I save part of a used bottle for another feeding?
- How long can I store bottled ginger?
Food Preservation - Listing 2 of 2
Labelling - Listing 1 of 1
- What is a best before date?
Biotechnology - Listing 8 of 11 - show all
- Was L-Tryptophan the cause of the EMS outbreak?
- Are GM foods labelled in Canada? How does this compare to other countries with labelling laws/policies on GM foods?
- High oleic acid/low linolenic acid canola: can I have more information of this biotechnologically engineered product?
- Can I get information on the modified gene in imidazolinone tolerant wheat?
- Can you provide me with information on genetically modified crops permitted for food use in Canada and their prevalence?
- Are there any genetically modified foods available on the market now that have been developed to have nutritional / health benefits for us?
- What impact do GM foods have on permaculture?
- What is the definition of genetically modified and genetically engineered foods?
Organics - Listing 6 of 6
- Can you direct me to an international source of information on the safety of organic farming?
- Do you have any information available regarding organic milk versus conventional milk?
- Can a bio-engineered plant ever fit Canada's definition of organic?
- Do you have any information on organic food?
- Are organic foods pesticide-free?
- Are organic foods safer to eat than conventional foods?